Sony FB contest in Singapore (SINGING CONCERT) T&C
Terms and Conditions for “#SONYFB Contest”
The following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”/ “Terms and Conditions”) shall be applicable to MSM Asia Limited (“MSM”) owned television channel ‘SET’ (“Channel”) activity conducted by MSM on the SET microsite and social networking website named Facebook” (“Activity”) relating to promotion of one of Event titled Sony FB Contest which shall function in a manner as specified in Specific T&C’s at end of this T&C and the contest shall be termed as follows:
“#SONY FB” Contest on Setavpac.
The T&Cs shall be in two parts (a) Specific T&Cs for each Contest and Basic T&Cs for the Contest.
Following are the terms that shall be applicable to the Activity:
1. The Activity is open only to Singapore citizens, residing in Singapore. Citizens and/or residents of countries other than Singapore are not eligible to participate.
2. The Participants must be adults having attained the age of eighteen (18) years to participate in the Activity as on the date of the Activity.
(All persons fulfilling conditions mentioned in section 1 & 2 shall be hereinafter referred to as “Participants”)
3. Activity shall be open for participation as per the timelines specified in the T&Cs for Activity.
4. Employees, agents and promoters (including their immediate family members) of MSM and any of their divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and others associated with the Activity in any manner, are not eligible to participate in the Activity.
5. The Activity terms and conditions shall be mentioned on the Sony Entertainment Television (APAC) https://www.facebook.com/SETVapac/ . The Participants agree that by participating in the Activity, the Participants shall be bound by the terms and conditions provided at the Sony Entertainment Television (APAC) Facebook page.
6. The Participants shall be required to provide basic personal information about them including but not limited to Participants name, address, telephone number or mobile number and email address to register and participate in the Activity. The information provided by the Participants may be used by MSM for internal purposes and to send in the future to the Participants promotional information pertaining to the MSM network.
7. The specific requirements for the Activity shall be outlined in the T&Cs of the Activity.
8. For the Activity, each Participant must submit their complete entry to qualify as an entrant in the Activity
(“Entries”) through Specific Mode of Participation specified in Specific T&C’s stated at end of this T&C.
9. Participants entering the Activity may submit any number of Entries so long as such Entries meet MSM’s criteria as specified in these T&Cs even if not chosen as the final winners of the Activity and any Participant may at MSM’s sole discretion be declared a winner of the Activity.
10. The manner, day and the basis of choosing the winner (defined below) shall be specified in the T&Cs of the Activity.
11. The announcement about the Winners and the Prize(s) (defined below) shall be as per the T&Cs of the Activity.
12. Method and time of prize distribution: MSM shall inform the Winners via email, personal message on FB or phone number provided by the Participants at the time of entering the Activity. MSM may require Winners to provide valid photo identity documents including but not limited to passport prior to handing over the Prize(s). MSM may or may not announce the Winners via the Website.
13. The distribution time and mode of distribution of the Prize(s) shall be at the sole discretion of MSM.
14. The Participant can win only once in this Activity. Any subsequent wins of the Participant (if declared) will be automatically void.
15. Participants should ensure the accuracy of the information provided by them at the time of entering the Activity.
16. MSM shall make a maximum of 2 (two) attempts each attempt being within 1 (one) hour of each other, to contact the Winners via the email id, personal message on FB, phone no provided by the Participants. MSM shall not be
held liable despite MSM’s best efforts, in the event the provided mobile numbers/email Id is unreachable/not replied due to the following reasons including but not limited to: 1) Email ID or phone number provided by the Participant is incorrect. 2) Email ID belongs to a person other than the Participant 3) Mobile number answered but individual answering refuses to acknowledge MSM, the Activity and/or any relation thereto. 4) Any other reason the Email ID or any other contact details provided by which Participant cannot be contacted.
17. The Prize(s), when the same are in form of some tangible goods or materials or vouchers, shall be sent by post and/or courier to the Winners as per the address specified by them at the time of registering for the Activity. MSM shall not be responsible if any Prize(s) is damaged during delivery through post and/or courier.
18. Participants shall not post any profanity or abusive comments on the respective Website’s Activity page/ Channel’s website/or in any other manner. In the event of any such profanity or abusive comments posted on foregoing pages, such Participants shall be disqualified forthwith and MSM reserves its rights, in addition to removing such post, to take a legal action against such participant and/or user.
19. Participants agree no clarifications on the questions and the answers used in the Activity shall be entertained by
20. By participating in the Activity, each Participant agrees to follow these Terms and Conditions and is deemed bound by any decisions made by MSM in its sole discretion, including any interpretations of the Terms and Conditions.
21. MSM including its divisions, affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective agents and representatives, employees shall not be responsible for any loss of Entries for any reason whatsoever including, due to any technical problems for Entries received after the deadline because of computer service delays, interruptions, electronic failures or overloads, or for lost, misdirected or misplaced Entries. The Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, tampered with, falsified, mechanically reproduced, not in prescribed format, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
22. MSM reserves its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winners in the event no Participant has submitted correct answers. Decision of MSM in this regard is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
23. While accepting the Prize(s), the Winners may be required to sign an “indemnity and release of claims” form provided by MSM which shall release MSM of all liability. Failure to complete and sign any documents requested by MSM may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of MSM are final in this regard.
24. Mere participation/submitting Entries in the Activity does not entitle the Participants to win the Prize(s).
25. The Prize(s) will be awarded to the Winners pursuant to verification and in accordance with these Terms and
26. MSM may refuse to give the Prize(s) to Participant(s) in the event of his/her fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement to participate in the Activity under these Terms and Conditions.
27. The Prize(s) shall be delivered to the Winners subject to submission of all relevant documents, if required in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of the Activity.
28. The Prize(s) are not transferable, assignable or exchangeable for cash equivalent. Only the prize Winners and no other person or agent, may claim the Prize(s).
29. In case the Winners is / are found to be in violation of any and all rules of the Activity, MSM reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such person(s) including but not limited to having the concerned Winners to refund the Prize(s) won.
30. MSM has the right to substitute the Prize(s) with other prizes of equal value, as determined by MSM in its sole discretion.
31. MSM has the right to amend (add, delete or modify) the Terms and Conditions governing the Activity, prospectively or retrospectively, at its discretion and without prior notice.
32. MSM reserves the right to disqualify any participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the Participant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
33. MSM is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the terms and conditions contained herein. All information provided in the Activity is provided "As is" without warranty of any kind. MSM makes no representations and disclaims all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the Participant and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timelines, completeness, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
34. Under no circumstance, unless due to wilful misconduct or gross negligence, shall MSM and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever. The Participant specifically agrees not to file in person/through any family member and/or any third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in Singapore against MSM their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries to claim any damages or relief in connection with the Activity.
35. By entering into the Activity, the Winners/Participants waive all copyrights including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and moral rights, rights of publicity and any related rights and consents to MSM’s right to use the pictures uploaded by the Participant(s) the captioned posted for the Activity , picture, tape or portray him/her as a Activity Winners, and to exhibit this material in any and all media now existing or hereinafter created, including without limitation television, film, radio and print media, without any compensation whatsoever for advertising and publicity purposes, except where prohibited by law. The prize Winners also consent to MSM’s right to use his/her name, voice or picture, or the content of his/her Activity Entry (collectively, the “Publicity Rights”). MSM can allow to its agencies to exercise/exploit the Publicity Rights in conjunction with MSM. MSM shall also be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in the entries received for the Activity for any purpose.
36. MSM does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or, queries of the Participants or furnish any reason or explanation for inclusion and, or, exclusion of any particular submission of the Entry of a Participant at any stage of the Activity.
37. Under no circumstance shall MSM including the Channel and/or their directors, employees, officers, affiliates or subsidiaries, be liable to the Participant and/or any third party for any lost profits or lost opportunity, indirect, special, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages whatsoever, even if MSM has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
38. Non-conformance by any Participant and/or Winners of the Activity will result in immediate disqualification of the Participant from participation or winning the Prize(s) as the case maybe.
39. MSM reserves the right to withdraw or discontinue and/or terminate the Activity at any stage without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever to the Participants.
40. The decisions of MSM and its representatives shall be final and binding on all aspects of the Activity.
41. Your participation in the Activity by posting the Entries will be deemed as an acceptance of the above stated Terms and Conditions.
42. Participants are providing their personal information to MSM and such information will only be used for MSM’s internal purposes and to send Participants promotional information in the future pertaining to the Channel/MSM/Website.
43. All taxes, levies and duties due and owing under applicable and statutory laws in connection with all Prize(s) if any, and all other costs, including insurance, incidental costs, gifts, gratuities and taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Prize(s) Winners.
44. MSM shall not be responsible for any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons.
46. In exercise of the powers conferred by applicable laws, MSM shall treat the information and pictures as sensitive and confidential and such information has to be now dealt with as per the provisions specified in the applicable laws.
47. MSM shall deal with any Data/information including sensitive personal information, if any, that it receives from MSM or otherwise collects, holds, uses and processes in the following manner: a). Company may also disclose Data/information including sensitive personal information, if any, to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g., tax authorities), social organizations (e.g., the social security administration), human resources benefits providers (e.g., health insurers), external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, and auditors), courts and other tribunals, and government authorities, to the extent required or permitted by applicable legal obligations upon prior written approval from MSM. b) The level of data protection using technical, managerial, operational and physical security control measures by MSM shall be such as to be in compliance with all applicable laws. c)The term
‘Data/information’ including sensitive personal information, if any, shall mean and include the name and contact information (home address, telephone and fax numbers and email address), valid identity proof such as passport number, driver’s license number, permanent account number (PAN), or other details pertaining to the identity of the Participants.
48. Participants confirm that the pictures uploaded by them or any part thereof do not infringe upon the statutory rights, common law rights, intellectual property rights including copyrights in literary, dramatic, musical or motion picture rights, patent rights or the trademark or trade names of any person, firm, corporation, association or entity whatsoever. Neither the Pictures nor any part thereof violate the statutory rights of, or the right of privacy, or constitute a libel or slander against any person, firm, corporation, association or entity whatsoever, or violate any other rights not herein specifically enumerated. No pictures or any part thereof shall be defamatory or contribute contempt of court or breach of contract, or breach of any provision of statute, nor hurt the sentiments of religious groups. In the event of any infringement and/or any unlawful usage of any information including pictures provided by the Participants, MSM shall not be held liable on any account whatsoever.
49. The Activity is void where prohibited by law. All relevant national and local laws apply.
50. The Activity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws in Singapore. All matters with respect to the Activity are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Singapore only.
51. For any queries on the Activity and/or the Terms and Conditions, please send a direct message (DM) to the
“#SONYFB Contest” – Specific T&Cs
Day/s of the Activity Sep 30, 2018- Oct 5, 2018
Oct 5, 2018- Oct 10, 2018
Oct 16, 2018- Oct 22, 2018
Start and End Timing of the Activity 12 noon SGT on Oct 1, 2018 until 12 noon SGT on Oct 7, 2018
Platform on which Activity shall be available Facebook
Specific Terms of Participation/Process of
1. Activity will be conducted on the Facebook Handle of the channel
2. The users have to answer the question asked on the Artwork which is posted on the FB page.
Note: While participating in Activity, Participants shall ensure that the entries:
Like @setvapac page
Share this post on their timeline (the post must be visible to public)
Post their answers in the “Comments” section below
shall not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, privacy rights, copyrights, trademark rights and/or any other intellectual property rights;
is not abusive, harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
does not harm minors in any way;
does not violate any law for the time being in force;
does not deceive or mislead about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
shall not create any liability for MSM or any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders;
Specific Process for choosing the Winners 1) MSM at its sole discretion shall select the ‘’Winner” who as per MSM and/or its representatives have uploaded the participation video with the maximum recitations stands to win the Prize. In the event 2 or more entries have the same number of recitations, MSM shall select the Winners from the entries submitted by the participants on the platforms, basis on a random selection process by MSM and/or its representatives.
2) 6 (six) lucky Winner will be selected from participants from Facebook. They will stand chance to win tickets for Singing Concert happening on 25th October, 2018.
3) Like @setvapac page
4) Share this post on their timeline (the post must be visible to public)
5) Post their answers in the “Comments” section below
6) Each Winner gets a couple ticket for the Singing Concert.
7) MSM shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever if the Navratri event gets cancelled for any reason. Neither shall MSM be liable to issue any other prizes/tickets if the Navratri event does not take place for any reason whatsoever or is re-scheduled to any other date.
8) Any and all taxes and/or levies applicable under the laws of Singapore shall be borne by the winner in relation to the Prize.
9) The decision of MSM in choosing the Winners by randomizer method and/or any such other method shall be final and binding on the Participants and the Participants while participating into this Activity agrees to accept MSM’s decision as final without any further claim in this regard.
10) The participant(s) can send as many entries as he/she wants on the Contest however the same shall not increase such participant(s) chances of winning the Contest over the other participant(s) who have sent only one Entry during the Period.
11) MSM shall not entertain any mail or query questioning or otherwise asking for the definitive process for choosing the Winners and the Participants by participating in the Activity shall be bound by these T&Cs and Basic T&Cs.
12) MSM reserves the right to withdraw or discontinue and/or terminate the Activity at any stage without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever to the Participants.
13) MSM reserves the right to disqualify any user from participating in the Contest without assigning any reason. The decision of MSM in this regard shall be final and binding upon the Users.
14) MSM shall not be responsible for any technical disruption and/or failure/ server problems and/ or any other difficulties of such nature, due to which the User is unable to submit the Entry on the Website and/or participate in the Contest.
15) Incomplete entries i.e. without entries without the hashtag/Channel tags and/or tagging the friends and/or the Entries submitted after the Timelines shall not be considered and shall be null and void.
16) In the event of any discrepancy as to the date and/or the time of receipt of Entries, MSM shall have the final decision in resolving such discrepancy
17) MSM assumes no responsibility for errors, timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user
communications or personalization settings.
18) MSM reserves its right to select and declare or not to declare the Winners if no participant has submitted entries up to the
satisfaction of MSM. Decision of MSM in this regard is final
and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
Announcement of the Winners 1) The Winners shall be declared within one (1) week of the end of the Activity through email/direct message and/or facebook page of the Channel.
2) The Winners shall be declared as per the terms of the Basic T&Cs
3) The Winners needs to revert with the required details and formalities within twenty-four (24) hours after contacting them. Any responses received after this deadline shall be considered void / Winner shall stand disqualified and MSM shall not be liable in any manner way or form.
4) In event the Participant is not able to utilize the Prize or is unable
/ refuses to accept the same, the Prize will be revoked by MSM.
Prize(s) 1) 6 (six) lucky Winner will be selected from participants from
Facebook who answered correctly. They will get the Singing
Concert event tickets at no costs.
2) Like @setvapac page
3) Share this post on their timeline (the post must be visible to public)
4) Post their answers in the “Comments” section below
5) The Winner shall be contacted in the manner specified in the